Patsy Montana may have been long gone but the memories we have of her will always be remembered. As a female country artist in a male-dominated industry, she sure made a name for herself. She became the first woman in country music to have a million-selling single with her 1935 song “I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart.” She also became country music’s first female musician recording from one session to another.
Patsy Montana’s Career-Defining Song
It is not that easy for a single to earn millions of sales and it is even harder to do that back in the days when you have to do promotion through traditional ways. Patsy made sure that her talent and brilliance in singing will be noticed by the country music fans. When she released her song “I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart,” it was instantly a hit for her and it became her signature song.
About the Song
I wanna be a cowboy’s sweetheart
That’s the life that I love best
Western movies and cowboys are one of the few inspirations of country music back in the day. This song narrates about a woman who wants the life of a cowboy because she knows she can do what they can do. She would love to experience riding a horse, to feel the wind on her face and experience what it is like in the wild.
Patsy Montana is not your conventional woman who just sits comfortably in her house. Patsy Montana embodied the woman who seeks the thrill in life and is out there in the wild. At the same time, she knows she is still a woman who needs love and who would best fit the role than a cowboy for her own. They would fit perfectly and experience the world outside together.
Listen to the track here:
I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart, patsy montana, signature song
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend