Patsy Cline‘s sudden death left the country music industry and her fans in shock. It was a tragic day for her family, friends, and the people who admired and loved her. The sweet voice that made classics such as “Crazy” and “I Fall to Pieces” died on a plane crash in 1963. Despite this heartbreaking event, Cline left us with beautiful songs that we could listen to at any time. She may be gone but her spirit lingers in all of the songs she released.
One of the singles she left us with is her rendition of the traditional gospel song “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.” She lent her voice to such an inspiring and uplifting song. Cline’s unique vocals added to the emotions of the song, giving us more hope that with the Father on our side, nothing in life is impossible.
The Gospel Song “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”
This traditional song has been covered by various artists, and even the origin of the song varies in its story. Wherever the song originated, it doesn’t matter, the only thing that matters is that we are all lucky enough to get the chance to listen to it. “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” was first released in the ’40s by the Selah Jubilee Singers, after they popularized the song, the rest was history.
Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson’s Collaboration
There has been a lot of covers of the song, but one that struck us the most is Cline and Willie Nelson‘s version. Indeed, the two have a duet together. However, it’s not the kind of duet you are thinking of. Nelson and Cline’s collaboration was only made possible by modern technology. What happened was Nelson recorded his part of the song and they added it on Cline’s old recording. It’s sad that they both didn’t have the chance to actually record the song, but it’s great that we have the ability to make it possible though.
Check out the electronic collaboration of Nelson and Cline.
just a closer walk with thee, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance