It is better if a person tells you the truth and hurt you than try to make you happy by telling lies. When it comes to love, nobody wants to feel cheated or worst lead into something that they thought will be a happily ever after. It is unfair for the person who keeps putting in much effort and believing things are okay. Therefore, if you are in a situation wherein you are not in love with the person you are with, it’s better to tell the truth than to cheat and lie to them.
“Leavin’ on Your Mind”
Patsy Cline left soon, but she released beautiful songs that we all enjoy and love. Her songs are something people can instantly connect with, that is why she is a great singer. Aside from her voice, it’s also the way she brings life to the song she sings. “Leavin’ on Your Mind” was written by Wayne Walker and Webb Pierce. In 1962, Joyce Smith first recorded the song. Smith’s version wasn’t able to enter the top 10 of the charts. However, she was able to sell thousands of copies for her song.
Patsy Cline’s Version
Cline’s version was able to enter the top 8 of the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song was supposed to be part of her next album called Faded Love. However, a tragic event happened, thus the plan to release her fourth album was canceled.
Other Versions of the Song
The Song’s Meaning
The character of the song only wanted pure honesty from her lover. She prefers that her man would tell her the truth and leave her than to know that he is in love with somebody else. It’s better to end things than to force it even if you know it’s not going to work anymore.
leavin' on your mind, Patsy Cline
- Patsy Cline’s Death Was the Most Tragic Day in Music History
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- George Jones’ Last Words will Give You the Chills
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach