What do you do when you feel lonely? Do you hang out with your friends? Watch a movie or talk to someone? We all feel loneliness in our life, even if we are surrounded by many people we love. When loneliness strikes, it’s something difficult to push it away. Therefore, what should we do about it?
About the Song “‘Til All the Lonely’s Gone”
In 1994, Pam Tillis, Bob DiPiero, and John Scott Sherril wrote a song together for Tillis’ album Sweetheart’s Dance. “‘Til All the Lonely’s Gone” is a song about facing loneliness and what to do about it. In Tillis’ song, she began by mentioning Hank Williams who seems to be lonely and using his loneliness to make a living out of it. Also, Tillis’ tells us to hold on to each other. Therefore, for loneliness to go away, we have to support one another. On the last part of the song, Tillis’ focuses on Jesus and how He felt lonely during His last hours but when He reaches heaven, everything changed. The song also reminds us that we are not alone for Jesus is always there for us and He loves us.
“Let’s just hold on to each other
‘till all the lonely’s gone.”
Sweetheart’s Dance Album
Pam Tillis’ song “‘Til All the Lonely’s Gone” did not make it to the Billboard chart. However, her album Sweetheart’s Dance reached No. 6 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Therefore, making this Tillis’ highest charting album in her career. In addition, the album placed at No. 51 on the Billboard 200. Five singles from her album entered the Billboard chart, these are “Spilled Perfume,” “When You Walk in the Room,” “Mi Vide Loca (My Crazy Life),” “I Was Blown Away,” and “In Between Dances.” Her single “Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life)” was Pam Tillis’ first and only No. 1 song on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Pam Tillis, til all the lonely's gone
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend