John Riggins is just one of those many country artists who started out with his guitar, his talent and his passion for Country Music. Moving from Indianapolis and the surrounding counties just to get some tips with the hope of getting lucky one day, it all started here.
From this humble beginning, he later formed a band and competed in the Indy’s biggest music venue. I’m talking about the 8-Second Saloon. It is the same venue where nationals acts including Daryl Worley, Jason Michael Carroll, and Mark Wills. So in 2013, this new challenge presented itself and he took on Music City.
Hailing from Westfield, Indianapolis, he grew up competitive. Whether it be sports and in promoting his passion for the traditional Outlaw Country Music, he always did very well in whatever field or endeavor he chose.
After deciding to move to Nashville, he started to have regular performances in the World Famous Broadway. He recorded his first CD in January 2015 but the release of his new single “Lonesome Old Guitar” was just last Jan 1, 2016, in US and Canada. This single immediately got into the top 100 on Nashville’s Music Row charts. Currently, he is taking his show to venues in different states almost every weekend.
Just to prove how talented he really is, well, he has written over half of his CD “Outlaw Rising” he is co-writing with songwriters Gary Gentry; “The Ride” (David Allen Coe, Tim McGraw), “We Didn’t See A Thing” (Ray Charles & George Jones), “1959,” (John Anderson), “Who Cares” (Ray Charles & Janie Frickie), “The Very Best Of Me” and “The One I Loved Back Then (The Corvette Song)” (George Jones) and SESAC Award Winner, Shawn Byrnes and others.
There’s definitely a lot of things he plans to do and this is just the beginning or him. One of the many things though is to grow Outlaw Country Music. He’ll be writing, singing number one hits and showcasing his talent to thousands of traditional country music fans.
We wish you the best with your movement, John, I’m sure you’ll do a great job with your talent and passion for the Outlaw Country Music.
Listen to his performance here and tell us what you think.
john riggins, Outlaw
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”