The heartbreaking news of Troy Gentry’s sudden and catastrophic death is still fresh in the hearts and minds of all the people dear to the late 50-year-old country singer. Gentry, unfortunately, got entangled in a devastating helicopter crash that ended his and the pilot’s life.
His sudden death blew a cold air of regret and disbelief to the entire country music industry. After fellow country artist paid their respects to Gentry, the Grand Ole Opry takes the torch this time by holding a memorial service in honor of the beautiful life lived by Troy Gentry. The ceremony is set to be held on Thursday, September 14, 11 AM at the Nashville, Tennessee’s Grand Ole Opry House. The public will also be given access to attend the solemn event.
During the peak of his career, Gentry had a share of his memorable performances on the Grand Ole Opry stage. At that time, he was the other half of the Montgomery Gentry duo.[like_button]
Since then, he has been among the regular faces that enchanted the Opry audience with his big, charming smile and his endearing vocal gift. For the Grand Ole Opry, allowing his fans an intimate moment where they can express their final goodbyes to their country idol is the most appropriate way to bid adieu to another remarkable talent that country music has lost.
Meanwhile, Troy Gentry’s family urged thoughtful contributors to send donations to the T.J. Martell Foundation of the American Red Cross in place of flowers. The donations will help cover reliefs for the victims and survivors of the recent and devastating hurricanes. This is also Troy’s family’s own way of honoring his charitable deeds, family-oriented principles, as well as his strong faith and a big heart for humanity.
For those who seek additional information on Grand Ole Opry’s upcoming tribute ceremony for Troy Gentry, you can check out Opry’s Official Website.
farewell, Grand Ole Opry, Troy Gentry
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend