With the advent of rebel songs that encourage many of our youths to be wild in the name of self-liberty, you can’t help but lament seeing that the country’s future in them would go bleak. Fortunately, there always remain hopes to win over our young people through intently written songs that have character-forming elements. Today’s entry is Forever Young.
Performed by the legendary folk singer Pete Seeger and the River town Kids, it surely will leave a strong mark of inspiration in the consciousness of anyone who will listen.
Due to some voice complications, instead of singing, Pete recited his part instead. Naturally, it did not just turn out well, but gave their music video a unique touch! What I love most with the arrangement is the contrast between an aged man passing words of time-proven wisdom to the next generation who, few years down the road would become legends in their own field.
Let us hear them first.
Composed by Bob Dylan, it is about staying pure in your heart; you idealism, your child-like innocence from corruption in any form, your courage to face anything-all these, despite the passing years and your aging body.
When asked what inspired him to write this magnificent piece, he only mentioned of his son. The song, therefore, is his thoughts of goodwill towards his kid.
BITS ABOUT THE SONG
For keen listeners, you can bet that the song lyrics have a strong basis from the Bible. A good resource don’t you think? The opening lines sounded synonymous with the “words of blessings” found in the book of Numbers of the Old Testament.
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
(from the song)
‘May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.’
(from the Bible)
Likewise, the rest of the lyrics hoping your child to grow as a man or woman of character vividly echoes the principle found in the book of 1 Corinthians of the New Testament.
Be innocent as babies when it comes to evil, but be mature in understanding
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”