Regret only happens after everything is said and done. We usually learn that something is important after losing it. That is why it is always important to take care of the people you love because once they are gone, there is nothing you can do about it. Ferlin Husky’s song “Once” is a heartfelt song about regret.
“Once,” A Chart-Topping Song
“Once” is a chart-topper of Ferlin Husky in 1967. His song is a single from his album I Could Sing All Night. “Once” entered the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and peaked at No. 4. Aside from Husky’s song “Once,” two more songs from his album entered the Billboard chart. “I Could Sing All Night” peaked at No. 27 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, Husky’s song “I Hear Little Rock Calling” also peaked at No. 17 on the Billboard Country Chart. The album was able to enter the Billboard chart at No. 18. His song “Once” was written by Ted Harris.
About the Song
The man in the song realized all the things he did, and he is finally regretting all of it. He knew that he was lucky to have such an amazing woman but he took her for granted. The narrator also compared regret with wine. When time passes by the more pain and regret can be felt. Now that his lover is gone, his life starts to become meaningless.
Ferlin Husky first gained popularity when he recorded the song “A Dear John Letter.” The song became his first No. 1 song on the Billboard. He recorded this song with Jean Shepard. However, Husky’s most notable songs were “Gone” in 1957 and “Wings of a Dove” in 1960. Both of his songs became No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. “Wings of a Dove” became his last No. 1 song on the chart but he still charted songs that entered the top 10 of the chart.
Ferlin Husky, once
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance