Since its release, “Take Me Home, Country Roads” has been the standard of country music. Perhaps, the lyrics define the roots of country and the simplicity of life in the countryside. Also, the harmony of the song depicts the real country sound. This timeless traditional song is also being conveyed from generation to generation. Numerous artists sang the song as well. Probably, one of the best renditions is from Olivia Newton John’s. Hers can truly inspire us and will make you recollect yesterday once more. Indeed, it will take you back home to your country roots.
Take Me Home, Country Roads…
Bill Danoff, Taffy Nivert, and John Denver pooled resources for the words and lyrics of “Take Me Home, Country Roads.” It was initially recorded and released by John Denver in 1971. In fact, it became John Denver’s hallmark song. Since the day of its release, the song kept selling even up to these days. The song became one of West Virginia’s official state anthems.
Then, in 1973, Olivia Newton-John recorded her version. Her cover received massive response all throughout the world. It topped in countries such as Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Moreover, Olivia Newton John’s approach to the song is different because of her smooth and angelic voice.
In the 50th Annual CMA Awards, the song has been used as and produced the most significant music video. The music video features 30 CMA Award-winning acts.
Above all, “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” is indeed one of the best country songs ever penned. The song is a reminder of how good country music is.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
John Denver, Olivia Newton-John, Take Me Home Country Roads
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait