Speaking of a fine, excellent voice and moving songs, these are precisely the best definition to describe Olivia Newton-John. Indeed, she became the cup of tea for country music obsessives back then and up to these days. And these features can be realized through her number 1 song and album entitled “Have You Ever Been Mellow.” Undoubtedly, the song and the album is one of her most successful work of arts in 1975.
Newton-John’s album “Have You Ever Been Mellow” was a huge success. It was her 6th studio album which was released on February 12, 1975, under MCA Records. Exactly on April 18, 1975, the collection was documented as No.1 with a certification as gold.
Furthermore, Newton-John received a nomination for “Best Female Pop Vocal Performance” at the Grammys of the song “Have You Ever Been Mellow” in the same year.
John Farrar wrote the song who also wrote many of Newton-John’s huge hits. Back in March 1975, the song became Newton-John’s second consecutive No.1 hit. It topped the U.S Billboard Hot 100 and Hot Adult Contemporary Singles charts. Also, it became No.3 on the Hot Country Singles chart. In that year, it continually hit the roof all over the globe such as Canada, New Zealand, Australia, the U.S, and astonishingly in Japan.
In fact, Newton-John made history when her single topped on Oricon Singles chart in Japan. It was her first song to chart in Japan. Besides, she has set her name from other for making a non-Japanese artist to top the chart.
Click the link below to check further about the one and only Olivia Newton-John or visit us at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ to know more about other country artists and legends. You may also leave a comment below for the artists and songs you would like us to feature.
Have You Ever Been Mellow, John Farrar, MCA Records, Olivia Newton-John
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce