HOW’RE YOU FOLKS doin’ today? ‘Hope all’s well at yours as it is in mine.
ANYWAY, HOW MANY of you have seen the movie, Grease before? If you have, I bet some of you have watched it more than a couple of times in this lifetime huh? Don’t worry, I won’t tell on you… C’mon, we do all have our li’l not-so-nice-secrets and guilty pleasures. Heh… Heh… Heh…
ANYHOW, REMEMBER the lead stars in that film? Yep, John Travolta AND, of course, Olivia Newton-John.
“Not only did she conquer the American Country Charts but, also, our American Country Music hearts.”
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN IS one of the most famous Australian Country Singers who made it to the American Billboards. Not only did she conquer the American Country Charts but, also, our American Country Music hearts.
“Newton-John’s career soared…”
OLIVIA DID THIS with the introduction of her first solo album: If Not For You (USA No. 158 Pop), in 1971, written by Bob Dylan. Newton-John’s career soared after she starred in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Grease in 1978.
“…THE BIGGEST box-office hit of 1978.”
GREASE BECAME THE BIGGEST box-office hit of 1978. The soundtrack album spent 12 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 and yielded three Top 5 singles for Newton-John. You’re the One That I Want (No. 1 Pop, No. 23 AC)with John Travolta reached Platinum.Hopelessly Devoted To You (No. 3 Pop, No. 20 Country, No. 7 AC) got Gold. As well as, Summer Nights (No. 5 Pop, No. 21 AC) with John Travolta and the film’s cast.
ALRIGHT, ALLOW ME to bring us all down to Memory Lane an’ see 2 videos of 2 of Olivia’s Classics—Hopelessly Devoted to You and You’re The One That I Want…
‘HOPE Y’ALL ENJOYED them videos.
This is Our Kind of Country and
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!”
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- WATCH: A Father’s Final duet with his Daughter
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life