Preacher, pastors, ministers, reverends, priests, vicars, whatever they are called, they are among those whose profession is one of the toughest yet the most underrated. Extending our appreciation for the good work they are doing, we have allotted this post to them. Following is a string of “thank you” to them.
As a Man
Thank you for your obedience in heeding God’s call to be a preacher wherever he sends you.
Thank you for being bold and fearless in acting as God’s mouthpieces.
Thank you for willingly becoming everybody’s servant, especially to the flock you were assigned to oversee.
Thank you for striving to be an example of modesty in speech and demeanor.
Thank you for not retaliating or subtly orchestrating a payback to those who hurt and went against you.
Thank you for being a friend to everyone; a good listener, counselor, and comforter.
Thank you for constantly baring your knees in prayer for each person you have come in contact with.
Finally, thank you for all your selfless sacrifices for the welfare of God’s people.
As a Family Guy
Thank you for being a man after God’s own heart, a man of character. Therefore, it pleased God to give you a companion and best friend, your wife.
Thank you for being the best dad in the world that your children could ever ask for.
Thank you that for taking care of your family, you exemplify the relationship of the Church with Jesus and the relationship of the Heavenly Father to mankind.
Now for the preacher’s kids reading this, may you never be ashamed of your daddy’s job. He is the Lord’s worker who once was a man of great ambitions yet gave them up in obedience to the task God laid on their shoulders.
Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner singing, “ Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man”
Dolly Parton, Father, gospel, porter wagoner
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend