Listen up, all die-hard Oak Ridge Boys fans! Your favorite country and gospel group just made a major announcement!
The highly acclaimed group made fans all giddy and ecstatic after they announced an upcoming new album for the coming year, 2018. Although they are yet to come up with a most fitting title for it, the album is a collaborative work with the world-renowned producer, Dave Cobb. It is set to be released by Lightning Rod Records.
The group’s last album release was back in 2010 and it was titled, Victory is Coming. Based on their announcement, it is pretty obvious that Oak Ridge Boys made some pretty impressive preparations for their upcoming new musical compilation.
From the beginning of their career in 1973, the amazing country-gospel group bagged numerous Grammy, Academy of Country Music, the Country Music Association, and GMA Dove awards. Their works have also been honored and given recognition by the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2000 and 2015.
They have also switched through a long list of band members—from bassists and guitarists to vocalists and pianists. It has truly been quite a journey of ups and downs for the group and witnessing them continue the legacy they’ve started through the tides of time is truly something very commendable.
Fans are told they can expect to hear a different kind of music for the group’s upcoming album. The Oak Ridge Boys did experiments and went beyond their comfort zones to produce something fresh and unlike anything they have previously presented to their listeners.
“Everyone has heard the Boys sing gospel, but nobody has heard it quite like this. Under Dave Cobb’s direction, they touch on unchartered territory, and for a long-tenured act like The Oak Ridge Boys, that’s saying something.” shares Lightning Rod Records founder, Logan Rogers.
All these bits of information are making us ecstatic for the Oak Ridge Boys’ brand new album!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More