In June 2011 Glen Campbell was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. If you must know Alzheimer’s is a form of dementia that will affect the memory and thinking of a person. However, Campbell didn’t immediately stop his work after finding out about it. He was even able to finish his final tour and release five more albums.
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You’s” Writing Process
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” was Campbell’s final recording which was released in 2014. The song was written by Campbell and his producer Julian Raymond. By that time Campbell’s memory wasn’t that good anymore so his producer tried to help Campbell during the process of writing the song and creating the melody. The Wrecking Crew band played a part in Campbell’s song. “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” was one of the soundtracks for his documentary. Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me came out in 2014.
The Meaning of the Song
He wrote this for his wife and children, saying that he will not miss them because he knows he’ll not remember them. However, certain words to comfort his wife were also incorporated in the song, such as:
“You’re the last person I will love
You’re the last face I will recall.”
There are too many emotions written in Campbell’s last song, especially on the part of his family who had been battling the disease with him. It is difficult to look at someone you know and love, but they never recognize you at all.
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” was nominated on different award shows. First, it was nominated for the Best Original Song at the 87th Academy Awards in 2015. Second, the song was nominated on the 57th Annual Grammy Awards Best Song Written for Visual Media, and it won Best Country Song. In 2015, it was also nominated on the Satellite Award Show for Best Original Song.
His song entered the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at No. 21 in 2014 and remained for a total of 4 weeks.
glen campbell, I'm not gonna miss you
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce