How do we deal with the pain of losing someone we love? What shall we do with the memories that were left behind? There is no easy way to get through the pain of losing someone, especially if that someone has been your constant companion. It is never easy to forget them, and certainly, it is never easy to let go of the memories. Maybe the only way is to feel the pain and turn all of this into beautiful memories that you shared with someone you love.
Emmylou Harris’ Inspiration and Album
Emmylou Harris is not only a talented country singer, but she has a big heart for animals. She had a dog named Bonaparte, which is a mixed Poodle. Her beloved pet had been her travel companion for 10 years. After Bonaparte’s death in 2002, Harris released a song she dedicated to her beloved pet. “Not Enough” is one of the tracks in her top-performing album, All I Intended to be.
The album made it to No. 4 on the US Billboard Top Country Album chart. In addition, her album also entered the Billboard 200 at No. 22. Harris wrote five songs in her album, and she covered songs from other artists such as Merle Haggard’s “Kern River,” Patty Griffin’s “Moon Song,” and Billy Joe Shaver’s “Old Five and Dimers Like Me.”
About the Song
“Not Enough” is a song written by Emmylou Harris for her beloved dog and travel companion. It is a song that will make you cry as you listen to every word. You can feel the pain Harris felt when her dog Bonaparte passed away. Her words show how much she felt about losing him and how much she loved him.
“I still have your memory.
One or two pictures of you and me.
Life is long and life is tough,
But when you love someone,
Life is not long enough.”
Harris has a dog shelter named Bonaparte’s Retreat. Her dog shelter’s mission is to save dogs that have limited time at the Metro Nashville Animal Care and Control. Bonaparte’s Retreat is located at Nashville, Tennessee.
Emmylou Harris, not enough
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut