“An American Dream” is an original of Rodney Crowell and a revival from the band Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The song was recorded and released back in the late ’70s. Rodney Crowell first released the song in 1978. Meanwhile, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band released their cover version a year later in 1979.
Despite “An American Dream’s” oldness, it still one of the best songs to listen to. Also, the tunes and harmonies of the song remind us of the music of the ’70s and ’80s. With this, have a little backtrack by listening to the song. Inevitably, a lot of memories will hark back.
An American Dream…
Rodney Crowell wrote the words and lyrics of “An American Dream.” Initially, he recorded and released the song under its title “Voila, An American Dream.” It was part of his album “Ain’t Living Long Like This.”
A year later, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with a shortened name “The Dirt Band” released their cover version under its title “An American Dream.” Linda Ronstadt accompanied them with her backing vocals. On the other hand, the song was part of their album of the same name. Unfortunately, it didn’t top and it only peaked at number fifty-eight on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. However, it placed at number thirteen spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
An American Dream, nitty gritty dirt band, The Dirt Band
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story