Just recently, the sparkly country duo announced their official reunion after years of Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush pursuing their solo careers. In a Facebook video, the duo dished that they were working on a new project, and told fans to stay tuned for future announcements on their albums and singles.
Finally, the time for them to break another exciting news has come. Sugarland’s official return to the music scene will be marked by the release of their brand new single on December 21. Seemingly wanting to imply that nothing has changed in their chemistry as musical partners despite the years they’ve been apart, the single’s title is Still The Same.
On their official Instagram account, they posted, “We said new music before the end of the year, and we mean it!” on December 8. Meanwhile, an ecstatic Jennifer Nettles shared just how much she is looking forward to launching her brand new single with Kristian Bush.
“We are thrilled for fans to hear our new music, especially this new single. The title of the song is so meaningful to us as we want fans to know, we are still the same, we are still the same Sugarland they’ve known and loved.”
Prior to their sudden hiatus in 2013, the country group faced one of the biggest controversy of their career following the tragic incident that transpired during their Indiana State Fair performance. At that time, the stage collapsed before their scheduled show and claimed the lives of seven people.
At present, Sugarland is very determined to face the spotlight with a fresh start and continue making music for their fans. Aside from their upcoming new single, the country duo is also set to perform live on Times Square on December 31. The performance is part of the event, Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
Jennifer Nettles, Kristian Bush, Sugarland
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend