Country star Willie Nelson lends his outlaw country twang in a classic jazz song “On The Sunny Side Of The Street” with jazz legend Tony Bennett.
On The Sunny Side Of The Street
The song starts up in classic jazz fashion – with trumpets and the soft pitter patter of the piano. Nelson’s classic raw voice enters the arrangement first. And surprisingly, the Outlaw fits the bill of a jazz crooner well. He meets Bennett on par with the Sinatra classic and it’s safe to say that the both of them did a spectacular job on the song.
Nelson even has a special guitar riff in the middle of the song that solidified his place as a perfect fit, not only in this song but also in the whole genre together. In the video, you can clearly see the chemistry between the two. It’s just so precious!
Listen to the song here!
The Versatile Maestro
Bennett has worked with multiple artists across genres for his “Duets” projects, and that doesn’t exclude country artists!
In his first “Duets” album, he had worked with both the Dixie Chicks for “Lullaby of Broadway” and Tim McGraw for “Cold, Cold, Heart.”
You can listen to both below!
“Duets: An American Classic” debuted at number 3 on The Billboard 200. It spent five consecutive weeks in the Top 10 and was certified gold in less than four weeks.
Duets II: The Great Performances
Duets II is an album that was released by jazz legend Tony Bennet on the 20th of September 2011. This album was released in conjunction with his 85th birthday.
The album debuted on the number 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, making Bennet the oldest living musician to debut at number 1 on the Billboard 200. The album won the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album in 2012. Bennett’s duet with Any Winehouse won the Grammy for Best Pop Duo or Group Performance for “Body and Soul.”
On The Sunny Side Of The Street, Tony Bennett, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance