Hey, folks! Break-away for a moment from the dull routines and mundane of your day. Come and relax instead by revisiting this harmonious duets of Neil Diamond and Glen Campbell taken from The Good Time show in 1970. You have better watch it. An upbeat and a good relaxation song indeed!
AMUSING FACTS TO CONSIDER BETWEEN THE TWO GREATS:
Neil Diamonds is a New Yorker Jew while Glen Campbell is the son of an Arkansas’ sharecropper.
Neil is a classic legend for Pop Songs while Glen Campbell’s a classic legend for Country.
These two men may have less to nothing in common yet they crossed-paths for the love of music.
WHAT IS THE SONG ABOUT?
It is a relatable song for all hard-working guys and gals over conventional work hours. At the end of the day, you are just relieved that for a couple of hours, you are free from all the stress and pressure. In fact, this one is a good reminder for us to slow down from the rat race which we have allowed nowadays to fester us. As human beings, we are designed for a good time of rest.
WHY NEIL MIGHT HAVE WRITTEN IT?
Being a Jew, it is an indispensable part of their culture that they take Sabbaths – meaning quality rest.
In his anthology ‘In My Lifetime’, Diamond described this as “a Rock & Roll song with some black music influence” adding, “I’ve always been moved by Gospel music and ‘Thank the Lord for the Night Time’ is probably as close as this white Jewish kid from Brooklyn could come to being a Gospel singer.”
(lifted from songfact.com)
On July 9th 1967, “Thank the Lord For the Night Time” by Neil Diamond entered Billboard’s Hot Top 100 chart at position #86; and August 20th, 1967 it peaked at #13 (for 2 weeks) and spent 11 weeks on the Top 100.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Alan Jackson’s New Album ‘Where Have You Gone’ Is Almost Here and We’re Excited!
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!