If you’ve ever come across the name Neal McCoy, then you know the story behind what made him a hot topic of discussions worldwide. Aside from being considered as one of the most beloved personalities in the world of country music, McCoy also made history by reciting the Pledge of Allegiance for 683 straight days.
Born Hubert Neal McGaughey, Jr., McCoy has always been a solid and empathic supporter of the American troops. He even describes himself as a guy “that believes in our country, that does not like people kneeling, not standing with their hands over their hearts, for the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem.” In a Facebook Live video posted on November 20, he reaffirmed his commitment to the troops through expounding and emphasizing that his song, Take a Knee…My Ass wasn’t recorded and released for the sake of attention and money. Rather, it was something that was heartfelt and reflected in his thoughts since the protests over the National Anthem made headlines. While he admits he is appreciative of the right of every American to protest, as well as the initiative of the said remonstration, McCoy feels that the timing just didn’t feel appropriate and right.
Career-wise, Neal McCoy’s earliest days in the spotlight happened in 1981 when he won a talent contest that led him to be paired with Charley Pride. His friendship with pride grew stronger and developed over the years. His catalog of hit songs includes eight top 5 singles like No Doubt About It and Wink. Neal experienced a strong bout of success in music between the years 1993 and 1997. He is also known for his tunes Billy’s Got His Beer Goggles On, For A Change, The City That Put the Country Back in Me, They’re Playin’ Our Song and Take a Knee…My Ass. In Billy’s Got His Beer Goggles On, it was McCoy who approached Rob Schneider, known comedic actor, to help shoot the song’s music video.
All in all, Neal McCoy is a versatile country singer with a strong, opinionated mind and a heart that blazes with honesty and overflowing patriotism.
Neal McCoy, Pledge of Allegiance
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?