It has been reported that Dixie Chicks’ Natalie Maines has recently split up with her husband Adrian Pasdar. After 17 years of marriage and two sons. She cited in an interview that it’s due to “irreconcilable differences.”
She took her sons on a break in Hawaii for a little me time. Along with her sons, she also had some family members with her including her niece, Amelia Maguire, who also sounds like a singer with potential like her aunt.
In an instagram post, Natalie called out her fans to listen to a kitchen table performance the duo prepared on their vacation. Amelia’s voice was quite enchanting and the song choice was definitely something that could reflect something about what her aunt is currently going through.
The song “Like a Fool” tells a story of a bitter and prejudiced break-up. Even though she didn’t speak about how she feels and what she is going through, the lyrics seem to impact her as the perforamance progressed.
Well, it could also be possible that she is just moved by Amelia’s authentic vocals and gentle skills, the two things they need as a company in any way. With their vocal prowess, they probably don’t need a big back up and a fancy prod.
“Like a Fool” was originally recorded by actress Keira Knightly for the 2013 movie “Begin Again,” which also starred Mark Ruffalo and featured Blake Shelton’s good buddy, Adam Levine, in his first acting role. If you haven’t seen it before, check it out. The original title for the film was “Can a Song Save Your Life,” which may give you a clue about the plot.
Well, for one, I think that going through something emotional as a break-up is always a difficult thing. No matter how you get over it, it’s a choice and there is always a medium for that. Music has always been one of the positive ways ordinary people and singers use to cope with life and the challenges it throws us.
Watch the video here:[like_button]
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings