In connection with the killing of their 5-year-old son, a man from Nashville together with his wife has been charged with first-degree murder.
According to authorities, 39-year-old Phillip Jerome Gardner and his wife 42-year-old Latonia Gardner were each indicted on the felony charge last Monday by Davidson County grand jury.
The Metro police report said that officers arrested the couple Monday at their home in the 700 block of Rivergate Parkway in Madison.
The records showed that they were booked into the Metro jail Tuesday morning in connection with their son’s death on December 7 a home I the 400 block of Greens Circle in Goodlettsville.
As of Tuesday afternoon, they were being held on $500,000 bond.
According to a report by Goodlettsville Police Department, emergency crews responded to Cypress Creek Town Homes after Latonia Gardner dialed 911 to report her stepson was not breathing.
The officers found the boy in an upstairs bathroom lying on his back and unresponsive. The report added that the boy’s stepmother said he woke up from a nap with a headache and acted like he was about to vomit. She also said she guided the boy into the bathroom and leaned him over to the tub to vomit.
The report stated that at that point, the boy went unconscious.
The boy was transported by the paramedics to Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and later the boy died.
Initially, the parents were arrested in December with aggravated assault in the incident.
With everything done, police still have not said how exactly the boy died.
Even though it was not yet said how the boy really died, the parents are still responsible for what happened to the boy. The parents are supposed to take care and love their children. Even if we don’t know what really happened, we believe in the police and when they are said responsible for the death of the poor boy, we believe that they have something against the couple. Do you think the same? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?