Marty Haggard and Max T. Barnes – sons of the late Merle Haggard and Max D. Barnes sought to revive their fathers’ memories by putting Way Back in the Mountains into a record. About 21 years ago, these buddies wrote the song. So as a bonus treat, the producers, or perhaps Marty himself have the clip of the two musical legends added in the following music video. You’ll see the men happily jamming back in 1997.
Way Back in the Mountains
Like their dads, Marty and Max were a load of fun to watch. Hoping for more collaborations from these guys!
Bits About the Track
In just a few lines, Haggards and Barnes wove a charming picture of the mountain life as a great prospect to consider when the going gets tough in the urban.
In context, Way Back in the Mountains is a poor man’s lament struggling to make ends meet living in a city. But all hope’s not gone as he had the option to build a cabin up in the mountains.
The single then became the third track for Merle Haggard’s 48th album 1994 and released it the same year. Though the album was not much of a commercial success, music critics hailed Barnes’ songwriting prowess particularly the single, I am an Island.
Another recording of the track besides today’s feature was that of Burrito Deluxe released in 2004.
It has only been two years since the passing of Merle Haggard, but his songs live on through covers made by his sons Marty, Noel, and Ben. So to the Haggard brothers, keep singing your father’s songs!
Marty Haggard, Max D. Barnes, Max T. Barnes, merle haggard
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Meet Kathie Lee Gifford’s Daughter That Dubiously Looks Like Her, Cassidy Gifford
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- 10 Facts About Harry Connick Jr.’s Wife, Jill Goodacre