About “If You’ve Got The Money, I’ve Got The Time”
“If You’ve Got the Money, I’ve Got the Time” was written and performed by Lefty Frizzell that was released in 1950. It was Frizzell’s first song to hit the top of the charts and made him famous. Due to its success, various artist covered the song, including but not limited to, Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. Nelson’s version of “If You’ve Got the Money, I’ve Got the Time,” peaked at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country charts in 1976. It remained on the No. 1 spot for 10 weeks.
I think the song is both fun and frustrating. The narrator talks about having a lot of time to spend with his lover, as long as his lover will pay all of the expenses when they go out on a date. It sounds like the narrator only likes his lover for the money. There’s a part in the song that narrator says, he won’t have time for his lover if his lover runs out of money. Probably for me that it the most frustrating part, because it seems that the narrator is only in for the money. But I think it’s fun at the same time because of its upbeat tempo that will make you want to sing along. However, if you are in a relationship where money is the center then I think the song is a little bit sad for you to listen to.
About Lefty Frizzell
Lefty Frizzell is an influential country music singer. Frizzell was born in Texas, in 1928. He had his big break when he released his single “If You’ve Got the Money, I’ve Got the Time.” Frizzell followed it with “Money,” “I Love You,” and “Always Late (With Your Kisses),” all of these top the charts. He had 13 top 10 hits on the chart. In 1975, Frizzell died at 47 due to a massive stroke. Seven years after his death, he was honored into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 1998, he received a Grammy Hall of Fame Award.
Frizzell is considered an influence on many artists like, Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, and George Strait.
I’ve Got the Time, If You’ve Got the Money, Lefty Frizzell
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- Remember When Garth Brooks And Billy Joel Surprised Fans With “Shameless” Duet
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?