In 1980, people found an anthem for working 9 to 5 jobs and if often than not that office job sucks, the 9 to 5 song fits the shoe perfectly with Dolly Parton singing it with much bravado. It is no secret that the said song is also the title of the widely acclaimed movie that gave women a much-needed empowerment. The song gave Dolly Parton a spot for an Academy Award nomination and four Grammy Award nominations winning her the ‘Best Country Song’ and ‘Best Country Vocal Performance’. As for the film, it had a Broadway treatment and was turned to a musical in the year 2009. In 2003, Alison Krauss recorded the same song as a tribute to the brilliance of the Dolly Parton.
9 to 5, Alison Krauss ft Dolly Parton
Luckily for us, Alison Krauss and Dolly Parton captured a timeless moment when these two female forces joined together in one stage for a duet for Lifetime’s 4th Annual Women Rock Concert. The version was a bit tweaked in Alison Krauss’ version but it was a welcome change. In an interview, Krauss explained how it was working with Parton whom she considered her country hero:
“I adore the process of it, it’s like trying to get inside someone else’s head. Like Dolly Parton, who sounds like it’s just the easiest thing in the world for her to sing something and it’s so naturally perfect.
And then when you go and try and sing harmony with her, it’s like a Pandora’s box, nobody else does it like that. And you think, how in the world can I match it? And then the times you sing with somebody else and the more times you don’t match them, the more romantic it gets. And when you have headphones on and when you can hear every click of their teeth coming together, spit flying out of their mouth, it’s quite … amazing. It’s a fascinating process; I love it.”
Watch the delighting video performance here:
Alison Krauss, Dolly Parton
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend