Everyone knows the story of Bonnie and Clyde. They were the infamous criminals who roam around to rob people. They have become famous that their story was made into a book, song, or a film. It seems that their story is very interesting that a lot of people want to capture it in their own way. One of them is the song by Travis Tritt known as “Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde.”
Behind “Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde”
Before we find out how the song was recorded by Tritt, let’s take a look at the making of this song. “Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde” was written by songwriters Walt Aldridge and James LeBlanc. In an interview with The Boot, LeBlanc shared how the song was made. When he was on his way to Alabama, he stopped in the town where Bonnie and Clyde were ambushed. He saw a pamphlet on a gas station and took it with him. In addition, the pamphlet contained everything about Bonnie and Clyde. He had an idea what to write when he told his co-writer Aldridge about it. They worked on making the song that same day.
Travis Tritt’s Recording
When Travis Tritt recorded the song, he earned a top ten on the Billboard chart. However, this was his last song to enter the top ten of the chart. He included the song on his 2000 album, Down the Road I Go. But, he released the song as a single in 2002.
About the Song
“Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde” is a song that was based a little bit on the story of Bonnie and Clyde. The only difference here was that the female character was a bandit, and she met the male character at a truck stop in Tennessee.
We met at a truckstop
Johnson City, Tennessee
I was gassin’ up my Firebird
Listen to the modern story of Bonnie and Clyde in Travis Tritt’s last top ten single on the chart.
Down the Road I Go, Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde, Travis Tritt
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are Some Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Randy Travis
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed