The only time we know that something or someone is important is when we lose them. That is why it is important to take good care of them or to never take things for granted because when you lose them, it would be difficult to bring them back. However, if you are given the chance to bring back the person you love, will you do it even if others say that it is not a good idea? And, that what you are doing is a mistake?
The Song’s Content
Don Williams’ song “Mistakes” is all about a man who realized the things he did because he lost the woman he loves. He regrets leaving her, and now all he wanted to do is get her back. He realized that he needed her more than he ever knew. He planned on getting her back however his friends told him to forget about her. They advised him to go out and have fun instead of wasting his time. However, he told them that he knows that what he is doing is a mistake, but it is a mistake he wants to commit. He wants her back no matter what his friends and other people say.
Sometimes we have to commit a mistake to know that what we did is a mistake. After that, we know that we don’t have to do it again. Maybe the narrator of the song could be right to try to get her back. If it would not work, then at least he knows it is a mistake.
“Mistake” is another chart-topper for Don Williams. He recorded the song in 1982 for his 12th studio album Listen to the Radio. His song peaked at No. 3 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, the song remained on the chart for a total of 17 weeks. Richard Felman wrote the song for Don Williams.
don williams, mistakes
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- WATCH: A Father’s Final duet with his Daughter
- Here’s How C.W. McCall’s “Convoy” Became A Trucker Protest Anthem
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend