Unfortunately, Miley Cyrus had to miss the Teen Choice Awards. The 24-year-old pop artist who was supposed to accept the Ultimate Choice Award, blamed her “unrealistic schedule” for bailing out on the said event. She spun her truancy announcement about her upcoming single, “Younger Now.”
Considered before as an enfant terrible and 18-time Teen Choice Award winner, Miley Cyrus, was announced a last-minute cancellation early in the ceremony, the Associated Press said.
“I know,” presenter Victoria Justice said. “It’s a bummer.”
Despite Cyrus’ absence from the event, she thanked her dearest fans and all those watching for voting her. Other than that, she also announced her new single being released this Friday (August 8)
“To my dearest fans & all of those watching @teenchoicefox ! I want to say thank you from the very bottom of my heart for presenting me with #TheUltimateChoiceAward ! I am beyond bummed I couldn’t make it to the show as I had every intention of being there to accept and celebrate this honor!”
“I created an unrealistic schedule for myself which leads me to this announcement! I’ve been tryin to keep the secret but I can’t hide it any longer! My new single / music video #YoungerNow will be dropping this Friday , Aug 18th & I am sooooooo EXCITED to share it with all of you!”
Cyrus revealed her secret and it appears to be a throwback cover art to name the album.
“I hope to always make people smile and shine light thru my work! I look forward to making music for the rest of my life and I’m thankful everyday for those who listen!” she added. “I am sending so much love and peace into the world right now because THATS what we need most! Love Love & more LOVE!”
Was it a valid reason or not? If it’s not, does the announcement soften the blow? Let us know and leave a comment below.
Awards, Miley Cyrus
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash