When do you know if you are in love or not? Knowing if you love someone is difficult because falling in love doesn’t happen immediately. Usually, love takes time, and if you don’t feel it, then it means that you are not really in love.
About the Song
“It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad)” is one of Merle Haggard’s number one song on the chart. The narrator tells his ex-lover that he found someone new, but he knows they are together not because of love. He just knew that they are together, but love isn’t existing between them. However, he said that it’s not bad, which could mean two things. It is not bad because he knows that they will fall in love eventually, or it could be that he has a companion and it doesn’t matter if they are in love or not. But it’s difficult to be with a person you don’t love. Why? Because instead of things being easier, everything will need extra effort for things to work. If there is love in a relationship or between two people everything will come out naturally.
Merle Haggard and The Strangers Recording
Merle Haggard, together with his band The Strangers recorded the song “It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad)” in 1972. Their song peaked at No. 1 on US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, making it their 13th No. 1 song together. The Strangers and Merle began working together in 1965 with the song “Swinging Doors.” In 1966, they scored their first number one song, “I’m a Lonesome Fugitive.” The song “It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad)” was part of Merle Haggard and The Strangers’ same-titled album. It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad) top the charts at No.1 for a total of 3 weeks in 1973.
Presenting another one of Merle Haggard’s No. 1 song on the Billboard chart, here’s “It’s Not Love (But It’s Not Bad)”
It's Not Love (But It's Not Bad), merle haggard, The Strangers
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?