“Natural High” performed by Merle Haggard was written by Freddy Powers. The song was released in 1985 as part of his album It’s All in the Game. The single entered the US Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1985 at No. 1 for 1 week. Then further remaining on the charts for 19 weeks. The album It’s All in the Game also peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart for 1 week in 1984. Furthermore, it spent a total of 49 weeks on the charts. It’s not new for Haggard to have a top-performing song, this is his thirty-third song to peak at No. 1. There’s no surprise on that, Merle is always best on what he does.
“Natural High” and it’s Content
A naturally beautiful love song about a man expressing how grateful he felt having a woman who is there for him no matter what the situation may be. When your partner supports you, maybe not in everything, but in the most important aspects of your life, it feels good. It is a perfectly written song that shows how much a man appreciates his woman and how lucky he felt to be with her. When someone is there for you and supports you with everything you feel so lucky and free because love should make you feel that way. It’s supposed to make you feel free and happy at the same time.
The Song’s Background
“Natural High” was track number 7 in his album. The song was accompanied by his band The Strangers. The Strangers was assembled by Merle in 1966 and had been performing with him ever since. The backup vocal was from Janie Fricke. Fricke is a popular female country singer in 1980’s. She usually performs ballads, and also won CMA Female Vocalist of the Year in 1982-1983. Merle and Janie’s voice together resulted in a perfect love song that can make you hit the repeat button many times.
Janie Fricke, merle haggard, natural high, The Strangers
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- LeAnn Rimes’ Version of Vince Gill’s “When I Call Your Name”
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?