We always hear the line ‘It’s all in the movies’ when we want a happy ending. We sometimes think that what we see in the movies can happen in real life. Yes, it could happen but not all the time, especially if it’s all about having a happy ending. Life doesn’t work like that, because we have to face bad times too. However, in Merle Haggard’s song, it’s the opposite. Instead of hoping to have a life like that of the movies, it’s the opposite.
“It’s All in the Movies” Chart Performance
“It’s All in the Movies” was a song written by Merle Haggard for his album It’s All in the Movies. The song is the first track on his album, and it was released in 1976. Merle Haggard was accompanied by his band the Strangers for his album. In 1975, the song “It’s All in the Movies” peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for one week. The song spent a total of 15 weeks on the chart. His album also peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums in 1976. In addition, the album remained on the chart for a total of 25 weeks.
About the Song
It’s nice to love someone, but it’s also scary because it hurts when you’ll break up. Just like the girl in the song, she is very much in love but when she and her lover went to watch a movie the ending was sad. She started to fear that what she saw in the movie will also happen to them. The man comforts his lover that it won’t happen to them. He makes sure that they will not end up like what they saw in the movies.
Sometimes what we see in the movies might scare us or sometimes make us happy. But it’s just the movies, usually, everything depends on us. The movies are great but it’s usually not real.
Here’s Merle Haggard and The Stranger’s singing “It’s All in the Movies.”
it's all in the movies, merle haggard, The Strangers
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story