MercyMe is a group that has given us wonderful worship hymn such as “I Can Only Imagine” and “Shake.” Today, let us witness as they once again showcase their God-given talent with the song “Almost Home.” Their rendition has been seen by people around the world and I can say that it is indeed perfect.
Bill Millard, the vocalist of this band, shared the inspiration behind this track. He said,
“There always needs to be something to lift our spirits and keeps us going, so this is hopefully an anthem for people who are just tired and exhausted. The idea of the song is to look forward. Relish the moments that are behind you, but look forward and run to the moments that are ahead.”
“Almost Home” is one of the inspiring gospel songs that talk about reality. In addition, hearing the song will truly bring light to your life.
On the other hand, when it comes to the music video, Bart described:
“It’s the idea of this guy, an astronaut just trying to live his life like a normal person, but not doing it super well with having to wear a spacesuit all the time and also he has these dreams of a significant other.”
Brother it won’t be long
Soon all your burdens will be gone
With all your strength
Sister run wild run free
Hold up your head
Keep pressing on
We are almost home
A perfect home is where God is. A father who accepts and loves us more than we could ever imagine. With this, let us put into our minds to at least pray and give glory to His name for every blessing he has given to us.
Listen to MercyMe’s Song “Almost Home” here:
Almost Home, gospel song, MercyMe
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend