Aside from song commentaries, critiques on lyrical and melody arrangements, and reviving backstories of most country classics, we would also like to do a recall of the famous stars from the bygone era. Each in his or her own right earned titles that will give testament to their valuable contributions in music and on how they were revered by their fans.
Before big star Johnny Cash came into the scene, Tennessee once had their Mr. Country by the name of Carl Smith. Born and raised in the state, he had a lot of exposure to country music. He taught himself guitar and went securing a recording contract in 1950. For almost three decades, he had a fruitful career in music from live performances to recordings, with songs that sold well and were always in top ten. He also ventured in acting roles.
Having met the iconic Carter Family, Smith married June Carter in 1952. Out of their union came Carlene Carter who would, later on, pave her way as a successful performer like her parents. After his divorce with June Carter in 1957, he married fellow country star, Goldie Hill who had been his spouse for almost half a century. They have had three children, two sons, and a daughter. Like his wife Hill, Smith also retired from the celebrity life in the late 1970s and they concentrated on raising both a family and their horses.
His first and only No. 1 single was Let Old Mother Nature Have Her Way. The song spent eight weeks on the country chart in 1951. Though there were no more following hits, his other songs still fared well like Kisses Don’t Die, There She Goes, and Loose Talk.
Here is an audio track of his smash hit.
And here is the younger Mr. Country performing one of his hits for The Barn.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Remember When Garth Brooks And Billy Joel Surprised Fans With “Shameless” Duet
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?