Aside from song commentaries, critiques on lyrical and melody arrangements, and reviving backstories of most country classics, we would also like to do a recall of the famous stars from the bygone era. Each in his or her own right earned titles that will give testament to their valuable contributions in music and on how they were revered by their fans.
Before big star Johnny Cash came into the scene, Tennessee once had their Mr. Country by the name of Carl Smith. Born and raised in the state, he had a lot of exposure to country music. He taught himself guitar and went securing a recording contract in 1950. For almost three decades, he had a fruitful career in music from live performances to recordings, with songs that sold well and were always in top ten. He also ventured in acting roles.
Having met the iconic Carter Family, Smith married June Carter in 1952. Out of their union came Carlene Carter who would, later on, pave her way as a successful performer like her parents. After his divorce with June Carter in 1957, he married fellow country star, Goldie Hill who had been his spouse for almost half a century. They have had three children, two sons, and a daughter. Like his wife Hill, Smith also retired from the celebrity life in the late 1970s and they concentrated on raising both a family and their horses.
His first and only No. 1 single was Let Old Mother Nature Have Her Way. The song spent eight weeks on the country chart in 1951. Though there were no more following hits, his other songs still fared well like Kisses Don’t Die, There She Goes, and Loose Talk.
Here is an audio track of his smash hit.
And here is the younger Mr. Country performing one of his hits for The Barn.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List