The name Dean Martin is synonymous to charming, debonair, and impeccably attired in a black tuxedo. Indeed, Dean Martin was coolness incarnate. His music provided the soundtrack of romance, and his image captivated movie and television audiences for more than fifty years.
Dean Martin is one of the multi-talented subjects in the entertainment industry. He was nicknamed the “King of Cool,” which came from his seemingly effortless charisma and self-assurance. Attracted with his distinct characteristic as an artist, the film industry embraced him as a star in concert stages, nightclubs, recordings, motion pictures and television.
Memories Are Made of This
Terry Gilkyson, Richard Dehr, and Frank Miller wrote the song “Memories Are Made of This” in 1955. Mindy Carson with Ray Conniff’s Orchestra and The Columbians. first covered the song. Interestingly, the backing vocals, singing “Sweet, sweet, the memories you gave to me,” belonged to the 3 writers of the song in Dean Martin’s version released in1955. And later on, the song became the unofficial anthem for Hungarian refugees scattered around the world after the 1956 revolution against Soviet rule. The song talks about those moments worth remembering. For Martin, the most precious memories he hasare the times times he spent with his daughter.
In 1994 the song featured in TV advert for Bisto gravy powder. It went featured in many other adverts down through the years.
Memories made of this
Then add the wedding bells, one house where lovers dwell
Three little kids for the flavor, stir carefully through the days
See how the flavor stays
These are the dreams you will savor
With His blessings from above
Serve it generously with love
One man, one wife, one love through life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage