“Heart Over Mind” written by Mel Tillis, and he performed the song in 1970. His song top the charts at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1970. Furthermore, the song remained on the top for 17 weeks. Mel wrote the song during the 1960’s and it was performed by Ray Price. Ray Price’s version peaked the top of the charts first. It was No. 5 on the U.S Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1961, and it remained on top for 21 weeks.
Heart Over Mind’s Content
A love song yet heartbreaking, about a man who is constantly in love with his woman. Even though he knew that his girlfriend is cheating he still chooses to be with her. He rather follows what his heart says, letting love rule more than his mind. Can you choose to pretend nothing bad is going on in your relationship, just to be with the person you love? The narrator is a martyr, the exact word to describe the man in the song. But who are we to judge him, sometimes people do crazy things for love.
Mel Tillis as a Singer and Songwriter
Mel Tillis was a talented singer and songwriter. He wrote many famous songs that top the charts in the US and outside too. Some of the songs that he wrote were for Charley Pride, “The Snakes Crawl at Night;” Kenny Rogers, “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town;” and Waylon Jennings, “Mental Revenge.” Even though Tillis wrote songs for other artists when he performs the songs that he wrote it still top the charts.
“I Ain’t Never,” “Good Woman Blues”, and “Coca-Cola Cowboy” were Tillis’ famous and biggest hit of all-time.
Mel Tillis and His Speech Impediment
Despite his outstanding talent and career as a country musician, Tillis has a speech impediment since he was a child. He was teased when he was young. Even as a performer he refuses to talk during the show, he just sings and that’s it. However, Tillis overcame his fear of speaking in public. He realized that he has to express himself too through talking.
heart over mind, mel tillis
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father