At the match between Titans vs. Seahawks last Sunday, Country singer Meghan Linsey took a knee as she completed the last notes of the National Anthem.
As she took the field to sing, none of the teams had come to the field. Both the Seahawks and the Tennessee Titans remained in their respective locker rooms for the singing of the National Anthem, in protest for what President Donald Trump said at a rally in Alabama this weekend. Linsey and her guitarist chose to take a knee together in solidarity with the protesting players.
Last Friday, President Trump said, “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, say, ‘Get that son of a b**** off the field right now. Out, you’re fired!’”
On Saturday, President Trump tweeted, “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!”
Trump made more tweets on the subject calling for the termination of any player refuses to stand for the National Anthem.
The controversy started in response to former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick who quietly took a knee during the singing of the National Anthem during the 2016 football season.
Sunday saw a lot of players on many teams nationwide standing and kneeling. The Atlanta Falcons were joined on the field by their managers and coaches, in arms linked and standing. The Houston Texans did the same as the Falcons, while several members of the Patriots took knee.
Alejandro Villanueva was the only Pittsburg Steeler to take the field during the National Anthem, all the rest of the players chose to stay in the locker room.
More and more professional sports players and teams have been joining Kaepernick’s protest for civil rights in response to the President’s tweets and statements.[like_button]
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?