Ben Hayslip, Sonya Isaacs and Jimmy Yeary penned the lyrics of the song “I’m Gonna Love You Through It”. Recorded by Martina McBride, it was released in July 2011. This was the second single from the American country music artist’s album Eleven. On November 30, 2011, the song received a nomination for Best Country Solo Performance—54th Grammy Awards.
For the week of August 6, 2011, “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” debuted at number 50 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. During its sixth week on the Hot 100, the song soared to number 61. In January 2012, the song became McBride’s first Top Ten hit since 2007’s “Anyway”. After a month, it peaked at number 4 on the country chart. In the US, the song has sold 561,000 copies as of October 2015. Since then, the RIAA has certified it Gold.
The Story of “I’m Gonna Love You Through It”
Martina McBride’s “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” is about a wife and mother of three. This woman later finds out she has breast cancer. The song follows her before, during, and after her treatments. Luckily, the main character in her song doesn’t die. Bravely battling the disease, she pushes through the treatment with the support from her husband. This song ends on a happy note because no one passes away. However, not all songs have a great ending.
Premiering the video on August 2011, it featured cancer survivors Sheryl Crow, Robin Roberts and Hoda Kotb. Apart from these big names, cancer activist Katie Couric is in it too. Under the direction of Roman White, the completion of the music video was possible.
While many people think that all country songs are about beer, girls, and trucks, they are wrong. Artists are still writing songs that touch people’s lives. Country music tells beautiful stories about birth, interesting stories about life, and sad truths about death. One great country song that is so captivating is from the album of Martina McBride, Eleven. A few too many musicians share stories of death and sickness.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family