Four years after, Martina McBride has finally hit the road for a Christmas tour. The very small soprano with the giant voice loves singing traditional songs. As she said,
“I love those classic songs. They stand up to the test of time”.
On her tour, Christmas classics are usually in her set list. Some of these are “Silver Bells”, “Winter Wonderland”, “Silent Night” and “Do You Hear What I Hear”. When she was interviewed, she said that there is no greater time than Christmas. Also, she added that the songs of the season bring one back to their childhood.
During this festive event, many look forward to a lot of costume changes. Expect a charismatic McBride joking with the audience during her holiday show.
According to Miss McBride, “I always have fun up there. I love touring and everything that’s part of being a recording artist”.
In addition to the Christmas classics, 51-year-old McBride will include some of her solo material. The show will commence on Thursday, Dec. 21, at the Asbury Park Press Stage at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank. Not many know that she has been touring behind Reckless. This was her first full-on country album since Eleven in 2011.
Reckless is an album with warm, stylish and deep songs. “Some of what I do on Reckless takes me back to what I did during the ’90s,” McBride said. “I felt very comfortable with these songs”. In this album, Keith Urban had a duet with her: “Diamond”. Martina shared that Mr. Urban sang with her in one of her albums before. She confessed that she loved the way their voices sounded together. She also told that she could not believe how lucky she was to have worked with him.
Furthermore, she is amazed and thankful for the opportunity given to her. She said that her fans have always been with her through the years. Despite the many changes, she is so lucky to be standing—making albums and touring. Moreover, she cannot deny the fact that she loves being on the road and this has never changed.
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Teenage Country Singer Serenades Blake Shelton With a Loretta Lynn Song
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- “The Wild Side of Life”, the Start of Historic Hank Thompson
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children