About “I’m A Saint”
We may be different in some ways, but we are also the same as others. We can be special to one person but to others, we can just be nothing. Moreover, we can be sinners and saints at the same time. “I’m A Saint” is a song that tells the life of a man who lives ordinarily just like most people do. He goes to church like most people, yet sometimes he skips church because he has to do something. The narrator is just the same as most of us who has a job but spends most of our money until nothing is left. The best part of the song is,
“I was born a sinner but my Momma thinks I’m a saint”
Those words are well put together. It makes the narrator of the song or anyone listening to it realize that despite having done many sinful things there is someone who thinks that we are still perfect.
“I’m A Saint” is a song recorded by Mark Chesnutt in 2004. In addition, the song is one of the singles included on his album Savin’ the Honky Tonk. Jason Sellers, Tony Martin, and Jimmy Ritchey wrote the song.
In 2005, “I’m A Saint” landed at No. 33 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, the song remained on the chart for a total of 20 weeks.
Savin’ the Honky Tonk Album
Savin’ the Honky Tonk is Chesnutt’s studio album that included his single “I’m A Saint.” He covered some songs from other artists, such as Kevin Fowler and Keith Whitley. He recorded a song from Roger Miller (“You Can’t Do Me This Way”) and Billy Joe Shaver (“Honky Tonk Heroes.”) The album entered three charts on the Billboard. It reached No. 23 on the Top Country Album chart. Moreover, it placed at No. 170 on the Billboard 200 and No. 15 on the Independent Album chart.
I'm a saint, Mark Chesnutt
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?