Marie Osmond began her career singing and recording country music. She rose to fame when she covered Anita Bryant’s song “Paper Roses” in 1973. This was her first song to enter the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at No. 1. Aside from the country chart, Marie Osmond’s version also entered various Billboard chart outside of the US. After her success with “Paper Roses,” Marie released more country music songs. However, in 1977, she decided to move from country to pop music.
Her Return to Country
It took Marie Osmond seven years to before she released another country music album. Her return to country music was triumphant as her album and songs performed well on the chart. There’s No Stopping Your Heart is Marie Osmond’s first album as she returned to country music. The album was released in 1985. There’s No Stopping Your Heart placed at No. 19 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
“There’s No Stopping Your Heart”
“There’s No Stopping Your Heart” is the first track on her album. It entered the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at No. 1. She followed it with another No. 1 song from the same album “Meet Me in Montana,” where she collaborated with Dan Seals. The same year, “Until I Fall in Love Again” entered the chart at No. 54. However it didn’t just stop there, the following year another track from her album “Read My Lips” peaked at No. 4 on the Country charts. It was truly a victorious return for Osmond.
About the Song
Michael Bonagura and Craig Karp wrote the song “There’s No Stopping Your Heart” which became Osmond’s last No. 1 song on the chart. “There’s No Stopping Your Heart” is a love song about a woman who describes how it feels like to fall in love with her man. She is captivated by her man and she knows that her love for him will never change.
Marie Osmond, There's no Stopping your heart
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life