Are you reminded of your parents when you see yourself? When some people grow up, they become like their parents. They tend to adapt their parent’s manners, attitude and the way they live. That is why it is important for parents to be good examples to their children as they grow up. Usually, we become the people we are surrounded with. That is why it is important for parents to surround their children with good people and with good memories.
All About the Song
George Jones‘ song “The Man He Was” is a good example for folks out there to show good things to their kids. In the song, the character said that he is becoming like his old man. He remembers how much his father loved his mother and how good he was to his community. When he was growing up, he never sees his father hurt his mom or hurt him. His father may be drinking, but he never gets drunk to the point of shouting and hurting anyone. When his father teaches them good manners or character, he talks to them in a gentle way as to not make them feel afraid. The narrator’s father became a good example for him to grow into a good man.
George Jones’ Song and Album
“The Man He Was” is a song from George Jones’ album The Rock: Stone Cold Country 2001. Harley Allen and John Wiggins wrote the song for Jones. His album entered two charts in the Billboard. The Rock: Stone Cold Country 2001 peaked at No. 5 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums in 2001. Moreover, the album charted at No. 65 on the US Billboard 200 chart. The song “The Man He Was” made it to the 47th position of the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Other songs of Jones from his album that entered the chart was “50,000 Names” and his duet with Garth Brooks “Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?)”
George Jones, The Man He Was
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?