Mac McAnally, who was recently awarded the CMA Musician of the Year award for 2017, suffered from a major heart attack on Nov. 13, Monday while he was in Los Angeles. The sudden lapse in his condition left him no choice but to cancel his scheduled performance last Sunday in Tallahassee, Florida. The concert, which was a collaboration with fellow country artists Jimmy Buffett, Toby Keith, Jake Owen, and Kenny Chesney, was supposed to be a benefit concert for the hurricane victims
McAnally is known as a phenomenal singer, songwriter, and session musician based in Nashville. He is also a member of Jimmy Buffett’s band, called the Coral Reefers, as well as the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Among his highly acclaimed works include Old Fame (Alabama), Two Dozen Roses (Shenandoah), Thank God for You, and All These Years (Sawyer Brown), Down the Road and Back Where I Come From (Kenny Chesney). His Musician of the Year win this year was already the ninth time he brought home the trophy. This year, he was tied with Chet Atkins for the said award.
Recently, both McAnally’s publicist, Elaine Schock, and fellow band member Jimmy Buffett have given fans updates on the progress of the Musician of the Year’s health.
According to Schock, “Mac is doing well. He was released from the hospital last week and planning to resume work soon.” On his Facebook account, Buffett posted, “OK, by now, most folks have heard about Mac’s heart attack, which was a little more serious than a Big Mac attack. He is fine now and stable and should leave the hospital tomorrow, which is great news for all of us.”
While Mac McAnally may not have been able to make it to last Sunday’s benefit concert, his family, friends, and supporters are still eager and positive he will fully recover soon and continue to entertain us with his amazing music.
Jake Owen, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Mac McAnally, Toby Keith
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family