The exhibit, Lynn Anderson: Keep Me in Mind, is scheduled this September. It is the new exhibit on Lynn Anderson by The Country Music Hall of Fame. They will feature keepsakes, photos and other artifacts from Anderson’s career.
The inspiration of the exhibit’s name is the title of Lynn Anderson’s number one song in 1973. The exhibit will be open September 15 to June 24, 2018. At the age of 67, last year, she passed away after suffering a heart attack. Pneumonia caused her hospitalization after a trip to Italy.
Anderson’s career started in 1966 after she signed her first record deal with Chart Records. She was able to put five singles in the Top 10 on Billboard’s Country charts between the years 1966 and 1970. Her single “(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden” became a pop crossover hit in the early 70’s. This song also earned her a Grammy Awards Trophy. Of all her hits, this song put her in the limelight. She also hit No. 1 with her singles “You’re My Man” and “How Can I Unlove You” just a year later.
Anderson was also named the Academy of Country Music’s Top Female Vocalist in 1967 and 1970. Then, in 1971, she earned the title of the Country Music Association’s Female Vocalist of the Year. Not olnly is she a singer but she is also an equestrian and a TV regular. For almost sixty years in the equestrian industry, she garnered 16 national and 8 world championships as a rider.
“Anderson’s television background and her ability to bring show-business dynamism to recordings and concert performances helped her achieve crossover success,” says Country Music Hall of Fame museum CEO Kyle Young in a press release. “With talent and tenacity, the country music star brought increased visibility to the genre in the 1960s and ’70s, and we are privileged to share her story with our guests.”
Watch Anderson’s smashing hit here.[like_button]
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend