The beloved Lynn Anderson brought so many wonderful songs to her fans in the entire course of her career. Her beautiful personality and warm heart radiated through her lyrics and unique melody. As such, recalling her final recording before her death is simply a bittersweet memory to reminisce.
Drift Away Gospel is the single from Bridges, the final album that the late Anderson recorded. The track is a rendition of a song originally performed by Dobie Gray. With Lynn Anderson adding her own twist to the lovely melody, fans and listeners are treated to an original arrangement mixed with a more inspirational take on facing life’s climax in both the chorus and the bridge.
It was Lynn Anderson who chose Drift Away Gospel to be the carrier single from her final album—a wish that her family granted and shared with fellow country music lovers. Lynn Anderson’s daughter, Lisa Sutton, shares, “Bridges is mom’s first religious CD in her long career of making music. It has been our soundtrack the past few months and now it’s become the perfect memoir. Like a gift left behind delivered as only mom can…It’s almost like it was meant to be.”
Some of the previous versions of the songs include that of Uncle Kracker interpreting the lyrics as an experience of getting lost in rock n’ roll. But Anderson included names of disciples in the bridge, to make the song speak about faith more than it does music.
The album was released in June of 201. Aside from her highly motivational and deeply moving version of Drift Away Gospel, her final recording also features a collaborative work with the Oak Ridge Boys.
Lynn Anderson is one of the most memorable talents that country music has come across. Her legacy will surely be instilled in the hearts and minds of all the people who were drawn to her unique and charming music.
Dobie Gray, gospel, Lynn Anderson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance