The beloved Lynn Anderson brought so many wonderful songs to her fans in the entire course of her career. Her beautiful personality and warm heart radiated through her lyrics and unique melody. As such, recalling her final recording before her death is simply a bittersweet memory to reminisce.
Drift Away Gospel is the single from Bridges, the final album that the late Anderson recorded. The track is a rendition of a song originally performed by Dobie Gray. With Lynn Anderson adding her own twist to the lovely melody, fans and listeners are treated to an original arrangement mixed with a more inspirational take on facing life’s climax in both the chorus and the bridge.
It was Lynn Anderson who chose Drift Away Gospel to be the carrier single from her final album—a wish that her family granted and shared with fellow country music lovers. Lynn Anderson’s daughter, Lisa Sutton, shares, “Bridges is mom’s first religious CD in her long career of making music. It has been our soundtrack the past few months and now it’s become the perfect memoir. Like a gift left behind delivered as only mom can…It’s almost like it was meant to be.”
Some of the previous versions of the songs include that of Uncle Kracker interpreting the lyrics as an experience of getting lost in rock n’ roll. But Anderson included names of disciples in the bridge, to make the song speak about faith more than it does music.
The album was released in June of 201. Aside from her highly motivational and deeply moving version of Drift Away Gospel, her final recording also features a collaborative work with the Oak Ridge Boys.
Lynn Anderson is one of the most memorable talents that country music has come across. Her legacy will surely be instilled in the hearts and minds of all the people who were drawn to her unique and charming music.
Dobie Gray, gospel, Lynn Anderson
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 10 Fast Facts About Willie Nelson’s Spouse You Need To Know
- Chris Stapleton’s “Broken Halos” Sings For Painful Untimely Deaths