Even though it has been three years since the passing of the iconic Lynn Anderson. Her music and influence still lingers on to our generation, and maybe into the future generations too. Anderson rose to fame in the ‘60s with her single “If I Kiss You (Will You Go Away),” which reached number five on the country chart. However, of all of the songs she recorded, “Rose Garden” is her signature song.
Everyone knows she nailed “Rose Garden.” Everyone easily associates the song to her, but there is more to Anderson than her signature single. As we remember her on her death anniversary, let’s take a look at some things about her.
Facts about Lynn Anderson
Her Parents were Her Biggest Influence
Have you ever wondered what inspired Anderson to pursue country music? It was her parents. Her mother and father, Casey and Liz Anderson, are both country music songwriters. Growing up and seeing her parents do what they love, inspired Anderson to also be like them. Her mother, Liz, is not only a songwriter but also a singer. Liz’s most popular song was her self-penned “Mama Spank.”
She was a Professional Equestrian
Before she became a country singer, Anderson, was a professional equestrian. She competed in a lot of shows, and she won a total of 700 trophies. This singer is not only good at singing, but she has other talents too. Furthermore, Anderson won the California Horse Show Queen at the age of 19.
“Rose Garden” is not her Song
It sounds like she owns the song, but in reality, she only did a cover of it. “Rose Garden” was originally recorded by Billy Joe Royal. However, it was Anderson who made it popular.
Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Country Artists of All Time
Her only Gold-Certified Single
A lot of songs of Anderson topped the chart, but her single “Rose Garden” was the only one to sell half a million copies according to RIAA. Hence, it was her only gold-certified single.
There you have it, folks, some things about the amazing singer. If you know more about her, feel free to share them to us.
Read more country music-related stuff on our Facebook page.
Death Anniversary, Lynn Anderson, Rose Garden
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free