Most people don’t like to cry especially in front of others. People think that crying is a sign of weakness, but it’s not. We are all naturally born to cry. It is part of us, and no one can stop it. Crying is made to release the pain we feel because if we don’t let go of the pain, then it will always result in something disastrous.
“Cry” by Lynn Anderson
Lynn Anderson advises the same thing, that we should learn to cry to let go of the pain. “Cry” is the first track on her same-titled album released in 1972. The song was written by Churchill Kohlman and was popularized by Johnnie Ray and the Four Lads in 1951. However, Lynn Anderson’s version also made it to the top of the Billboard chart. Her song peaked at No. 3 on the Hot Country Songs chart of Billboard in 1972. In addition, her album made it to the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums. Lynn Anderson’s album Cry is a collection of a new style of music. The album has a little bit of a pop in it.
Kohlman’s song was covered by artists such as Ronnie Dove, Lynn Anderson, and Crystal Gayle. The versions of this song from different artists were able to make it to the top of the Billboard chart.
The Song’s Content
If you are feeling blue and you cannot handle all the pain the only way to let go of it is to cry. There is nothing wrong with crying. It’s the best way to let go of whatever pain or loneliness you are feeling. Anderson’s song strongly suggests that it’s okay to cry because it will make you feel good after.
A Little Bit About the Artist
Anderson had released thirty-five studio albums from 1967 to 2015. She had 5 number one songs on the chart and a total of 61 charted songs. Lynn Anderson died of a heart attack at the age of 67 in 2015.
cry, Lynn Anderson
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend