Wynonna Judd’s daughter, Grace Pauline Kelley, has been released from prison after being granted early parole.
Wynonna Judd’s Daughter is Released
Kelley, who is now 23, was released from the West Tennessee State Penitentiary on Nov. 8 — 6 years early, according to People. Grace Pauline Kelly received an 8-year sentence for breaking the terms of her probation for a 2017 drug charge.
In 2017, Judd’s daughter pled guilty to a series of drug charges, including the manufacture, delivery, sale, and possession of meth with intent in Williamson County Court.
That wasn’t the end of her charges, as Kelley was also charged with manufacturing and delivering meth in Maury County. She eventually pled guilty to the lesser possession of meth charge.
Kelley was originally sentenced to 11 months and 29 days in jail. She was able to get her sentence suspended and instead served 30 days in jail and 180 days at an in-house rehab center.
An updated jail record shows that Kelley’s supervision status is listed as “parole.” The record also shows that Kelley is to report to parole office P94F until her sentence ends on Sept. 22, 2024.
Since her daughter has been dealing with legal woes, Judd has become an activist for reform in the criminal justice system. She works with the nonprofit group Hope for Prisoners, which helps to reintegrate inmates into society after they are released with the goal of lowering the recidivism rate.
During a White House event for the National Day of Prayer, Judd was front and center saying that it was really using this time to speak out for the “unloved [and] people who feel forgotten.” She also notes that her project with the White House marks “the beginning of a new chapter.”
Judd met with Brooke Rollins, a senior staffer in the White House Office of American Innovation. Although she declined to disclose much of the details of her partnership, it is known that the meeting discussed criminal justice reform and ways the administration can continue to enhance reentry programs for inmates and curb the return-to-prison rate.
prison release, The Judds, Wynnona Judd
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce