When Luke Bryan guested on Good Morning America to talk about him being an American Idol judge, the topic turned to what happened in Route 91 Las Vegas Shooting.
The shooting was a hit to home for Bryan, who is a good friend of Jason Aldean, who was performing when the shooting started For Bryan, his close connection to the tragedy breaks his heart, but it also makes him want to push for change.
“There’s just got to be something we can do,” Bryan said. “From the mental health issue, to all of the issues that are causing these things.”
“Being on stage, seeing the sea of fans who came to hear you sing, is what it’s all about for country stars,” Bryan explained. “As entertainers, you look at your fans, and you’re not up there to do anything but connect with them.”
“I was in the bed when they showed the faces of the victims, and they’re our fans, they embody America. It’s a country music festival, but it’s America,” he said. “It was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life, and for this country, too.”
Bryan’s conversation with Aldean through the phone the morning after the shooting was not an easy for either of them. “Hearing one of your best friends shaken up like that, knowing they’ll never be able to un-see these things,” Bryan said, “you get lumps and you get nauseated.”
CMT’s Hot 20 Countdown on Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 7-8) at 9 a.m. ET will be dedicated to the victims and the heroes of the massacre at the Route 91 Harvest music festival.
Bryan and Aldean are both 2017 CMT Artists of the Year.
Bryan’s Farm Tour continues Thursday (Oct. 5) in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Aldean’s They Don’t Know Tour resumes Oct. 12 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List