Tuesday night, during the CMA Country Christmas taping in Nashville, at the backstage Luke Bryan could hardly believe what he heard: Blake Shelton is People’s Sexiest Man Alive for 2017.
“I’m speechless,” Luke said, as he feigned disbelief. “He’s taken so many things from me, and now this. Who in the hell is choosing this? Am I being punked? And we’re sure that ya’ll didn’t Photoshop my face over his face and change the names out?” he joked. “Alright, well I guess we’re all stuck with it.”
Chris Young wasn’t quite so hard on the star of The Voice.
Even though Luke Bryan was shocked at the news, Chris Young wasn’t so hard on Blake Shelton.
“You know what? I’m not surprised,” the “Losing Sleep” country artist reacted. “I don’t think I would be surprised by anything that Blake does or any honor he receives at this point in his career. I know that’s probably a little more sentimental than the reaction that you wanted out of me about him being Sexiest Man,” Chris laughed, “but I love that guy and I love his music and I’ve been a fan of his for a long time and gotten to know him as well.”
Brett Eldredge is also singing Blake’s praises and he is heading out with the Oklahoma native on his Country Music Freaks Tour next year.
“I mean, he is a sexy man, don’t get me wrong,” Eldredge admitted. “But he’s a big goofball too, which is even better. Goofy’s the new sexy. He’s just Blake, man. He’s honest, he’s real, he’s unapologetically himself… To be touring with the sexiest man in the world — man, dreams come true, I’ll tell you what!”
While many people argue with this subject, I personally think that there are a lot of men fit for the 2017’s sexiest man alive. How about you? What do you think about Blake Shelton being the sexiest man alive? Comment your thoughts below and don’t forget to share this news with other country fans!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!